I suggest you ...

Add custom post types as expiration option

I love your plugin, Aaron!

I was wondering if you could add filter to target specific custom post types. I'd like to add an amount of time for auto-expiring posts, but only for a specific custom post type.

85 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephen Yoch shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminAaron Axelsen (Admin, WordPress Post Expirator) commented  · 

There are a lot of issues with this. Mainly, custom taxonomy's and other settings specific to one post type would not necessarily exist on the post type you are moving to.

So in theory it may work, but here would be quite a few caveats to keep in mind when using it.

• Zippy commented  · 

Woud love this seeing implemented.
        I only would use this plugin for a certain CPT, not normal posts and pages.

• Nick commented  · 

That's a great idea. I would love have this ability to expire my slides

• ceebee commented  · 

I second this.
        It'd be nice to have the option of having an expired custom post type be set as another Custom Post Type. i.e. a post under an Upcoming Event post type would change to a Past Event post type.
        Currently doing this with Categories, but would be great to have the option of doing it with CPTs.

However, I've seen that the plugin Post Type Switcher has conflicts with the Advanced Custom Fields plugin (basically turning your ACF group into a post, which totally destroys it) so maybe this is a more involved feature request than it seems. But it'd be cool if it were made to work.

Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base