I suggest you ...

Ability to expire (or auto-delete) a uploaded file

I mainly use my blog for posting news an announcements. A lot of these announcements come with PDFs or JPGs that i subsequently post on my blog. I know that the best way would be to just link these files but some people simply do not provide you with links but only sent PDFs in emails. This of course adds up and up. As well PDFs are on my webspace that are way out of date but sometimes google links to them directly. Therefore I would welcome and give a donation for a function that would allow to set a lifetime to uploads before they got trashed.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Christian Bothe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christian Bothe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sure - let me explain.
    I write and publish a post on Feb 1, upload and add a PDF to that post - e.g. an announcement for some event. The ideal function would be to add a date to the post and upload to be deleted or moved to trash on a set date - e.g. one month later. This would also be perfect for privacy sensitive information for example having the contact info of a person that is mentioned in this announcement deleted and not being out on the web for years even if its back in the archives of your wordpress site. Often I had the case that google found some personal info in post that were quite old and displayed these long forgotten PDFs in the search list - users that would click on it get to the PDF without connection to my wordpress site where they could see that the post is already years old.

Feedback and Knowledge Base